Well like most things these day, I'm either 20 minutes or so late arriving, or a day (or two) late with recognition of birthdays, anniversaries, or in this case, Mother's Day.  Now before you give me too much of a hard time, we did carry on with our traditional Mother's Day brunch at the house with both sets of parents (breakfast casserole, creme brulee french toast, bacon, and mimosas if you're keeping score at home).  Both Ruth Ann and I are luckier than we can express through this blog to have the support of all of our parents.  And to have them right here in town.  It's kind of awesome, and I'm not quite sure how new parents that aren't uber close to family survive the early days of having a rugrat.

This year was a little different in that it was Ruth Ann's first "official" dia de las madres (como se dice Espanol for $200, Alex?).  So, aside from letting her pick the menu, how could this be an extra special day for her?  I struggled.  I mean, what do you get the most integral part of Team Timmons for her first MD?  This is the person who juggles her passion for her job as a teacher, an overloaded grad school schedule that has never yielded less than an A, and me.  And while I do my fair share of laundry and cooking and generally try to be Mr. Perfect, I can be a bit of a handful at times.  And if all that wasn't enough, she is, indeed, a fabulous mom.  Second to none in my book.  I can't think of a better match to navigate our journey with than this lady.  So, for Mother's Day, I hope this belated "thanks" helps you feel as appreciated as you are.  And surely that iPad can't hurt?  I'll get you hooked on Draw Something before you know it...

I sure do love these two

Mother's Day 2012 (taken with that iPad)